If you’re addicted to scrolling and snooping on social media like me, you can put all that to good use and score yourself a freebie with social media giveaways!
Brands run giveaways on their social media pages all the time, so it’s good to chuck them a like or a follow so their giveaways appear in your newsfeed. I’ve won LOADS of stuff over the years this way so I definitely recommend it.
The best sites I use for giveaways are:
Here is how I go about finding giveaways on each platform…
Find freebies on Facebook
There are soo many ways you can score free stuff on Facebook, it’s one of the only reasons I still use it.
Brands hosts giveaways on their Facebook pages all the time!
Ways you could win free stuff on Facebook could be things like:
- ‘Like and comment’ competitions – where you, well like and comment for your chance to win something for free
- A ‘sign up’ form – either on the brand’s Facebook page or a sponsored post that appears in your feed based on what you’ve recently liked and viewed (very clever!)
- A free voucher download – from brands to print and redeem in-store
- A fun game on the brand’s Facebook page – where you participate in a quiz or a game and get a freebie at the end
- Message them your details – for your chance to win a prize
The more you interact with brands, e.g. like, comment and share, the more you’ll have similar brand suggestions pop up in your feed.
This is a great way to keep your finger on the pulse, as you can apply for free stuff straight away when you see it in your feed.
Joining freebie and money-saving community groups on Facebook will also put you one step ahead of other people hunting down freebies.
One of my favourite ones is Di Coke’s Lucky Learners (for comps as well) as the engagement and support in that group is the best I’ve seen.
Everyone is so nice and it’s a really active group, so it’s definitely worth joining to check out the latest giveaways.
If you’re desperate to try a brand’s new product, you could always message them on their Facebook page to ask for a free sample.
Sometimes this has worked well when I’ve tried in the past, sometimes I just get ignored but hey ho!
Win giveaways & competitions on Twitter
Twitter is one of my favourite places to find giveaways and comps.
I’m constantly on there oggling at celeb spats and animal vids, but in between then I like to enter the odd giveaway.
It’s so easy to get in touch with brands and they host giveaways on there all the time.
To start getting your freebies on Twitter, follow your favourites and start interacting!
Tweet them letting them know how much you love their products and don’t be afraid to DM them (if they follow you back) and ask for free samples. Cheeky but effective!
I follow a lot of companies and brands that host giveaways on Twitter, especially during seasonal times.
Make sure you check around these calendar events:
- Mother’s Day
- Father’s Day
- New Year
It’s really easy to enter, as most usually involve a simple ‘Follow & Retweet’ style competition.
Some however might ask you to get creative and tweet them a joke or a tip, even a photo. It’s good to try these because less people tend to enter, which increases your chance.
Search for popular comping hashtags such as:
- and #freebiefriday
All fab for hunting down Twitter competitions!
Become an Instagram influencer
Instagram has become a great platform for sharing your pics with the world. It’s also allowed regular joes like you and I to become ‘influencers’ by building a following online.
Brands have clocked onto this and now pay people to become brand ambassadors and post pics using their products online.
Talk about a dream job!
As well as being paid, brands will send you free products to review.
Remember to be honest and don’t just set up an account with the intention to get free stuff.
You’ve got to look the part but also be passionate about what you’re doing!
Here are some top tips to help you if this sounds up your street:
- Find a niche – it’s a very crowded market out there so honing in on a niche like vegan beauty products will help
- Be authentic – there’s no point copying someone, especially if they have more followers. Trust me, brands will see right through it!
- Do some hashtag research – this will help you understand how to get more reach and see if your topic is popular
- Approach brands directly – send brands messages on the app or via their email which can usually be found on site. Showcase your stats like your most popular pic and number of followers
- Be consistent – post regularly and keep to a theme or use similar filters so you start to build your brand online
Psst… you can also enter giveaways on Instagram by using hashtags like #competition #giveawayuk and keeping an eye on your favourite brand Instagram pages.
Win free stuff on Pinterest
Pin your way to freebies on my favourite social media platform, Pinterest.
Honestly, I could be on there all day looking at interior design, blog advice, fashion inspiration, the lot!
Anyway, it wasn’t until recently that I realised you could actually enter comps on Pinterest.
It’s quite a new territory for lots of brands, but some are way ahead of the game.
Like Ted Baker, who hosted this wedding Pinterest competition.
With this one, you had to make a Pinterest board filled with inspiration for your own wedding to win a load of wedding freebies from their new range.
If you’re worried someone might copy your board, you can always set your board to private until you’re ready to submit it or right before the closing date. That’s what I do.
Keep an eye out for these ones, as I think your chances might be quite high.
That’s because it’s creative and not a lot of people enter because they don’t know about Pinterest or Pinterest competitions.
Final words on free social media giveaways
Social media is packed full of giveaways for you to enter and hopefully win, but remember:
- Be active – brands sometimes get to choose the winner themselves and they’re more likely to choose a real looking people than a fake account. Plus, being active means you can react quicker if you’ve been selected as a winner
- Be polite to other compers and freebie finders – both in groups and on your profile. Brands won’t pick a meanie for a winner and you’ll get kicked out of groups and might miss out on upcoming giveaways!
- Finally, you might not always win, but keep trying!
Good luck everyone!
Do you use any other methods to find giveaways on social media? Let me know in the comments 🙂
For more ways to get free stuff, check out my post on how to get free stuff in the post every day.