1. Check it’s on & book in advance if you can
2. Get there early
3. Clean & organise your items
If you want to get the most for your items, you can’t just plonk them on the table looking all tatty and expect someone to pay top price.
4. Pack your car wisely
5. Remember your essentials
- A clothes rail (if you’re selling clothes)
- A pasting board
- Change and pitch fee money
- A picnic blanket (to lay stuff out on the floor)
- Somewhere to keep your cash
- Plastic bags – try to bring a range of sizes depending on what you’re selling
- A flask of tea – because the van is SO expensive and they never make it as nice!
- Paper and pens – to make any reduction signs later in the morning or if we’ve forgotten to label anything
- Baby wipes – just in case I’ve missed a spot of dust or dirt on an item